Monday 28 March 2016

My desert island beauty picks!

Continuing on with the Sunday Girl's awesome February blog prompts, here's my second post! She asked:

Why not share your desert island beauty picks?

So, like most of us, I have a handful of absolute 'cannot live without' products which I use daily to do my basic face!

1. As I mentioned in my previous post, I can't live without the Rimmel Stay Matte powder for shine control. If I don't use it I get the greasies by noon and end up feeling really shiny and uncomfortable so even if I ended up shipwrecked alone on a deserted island, you'd still have to prise this from my cold, panicked hands!



2. For blemishes, you really cannot beat the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, I use the lightest shade. I started using this around six months ago after reading so many rave reviews and every last one of them spoke the truth, for a really cheap item it performs like something ten times the price might! I like to use it on the redness around my nose and on the odd blemish.



3. I have really dark hair (it's dyed almost black) but light, sparse eyebrows, so I can't get away these days without using the Rimmel eyebrow pencil, you know the one with the little brush on the end (that I totally don't need)? I use little light strokes to add definition to my brows.



4. My desert island eyeliner has to be the Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl pencil eyeliner, the pigment and colour payoff is unreal, you only have to lightly touch your waterline to get a really deep colour and it doesn't budge all day. I can't usually get away without something on my bottom waterline given that my skin is so pale, I look exhausted without it!



5. For liquid eyeliner (gotta have that cat eye) I got a tip off about the Rimmel Glam Eyes black liquidliner years ago (from Sali Hughes, Guardian beauty editor), she said that this liner works better than liners at four times that price point and man, she wasn't kidding. I've been using it ever since. Easy to use, doesn't smudge, it even survived a funeral. Fact.



6. Mascara-wise, I reckon the one I go back to time and time again is Soap and Glory's Thick and Fast. I got one free with Elle magazine years ago and found it was brilliant, really simple to get super thick and dark lashes. It's not cheap at £10 but a tube lasts ages.



7. Finally, for blusher, I always revert to one of my few higher end beauty buys, NARS blusher in Orgasm. It's a stunning rose gold colour and I always get compliments when I wear it on how well I look! If you can't stretch to £20+ plus on one item, Sleek do a brilliant dupe in 'Rose Gold' which is pretty much identical, I own and use both. The only issue I think is that if you have quite big open pores, the Sleek really highlights that and makes them look like craters, while the NARS doesn't as much.


So there you have it, my desert island beauty must-haves... I could happily go on with eyehsadows, highlighters, primers, tools etc. but the above is the only thing I need and use for my basic everyday face, anything else is a bonus.

What are you must haves? Do you have any alternatives you really rate for the items I mentioned? Thanks for reading!

Charlotte xX

No comments:

Post a Comment