Sunday 27 March 2016

FIRST POST NERVES

WELCOME!

As an avid reader of the many wonderful beauty bloggers out there, I decided it was time to step up and start writing myself!

Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved makeup... some of my earliest memories are of raiding through my Auntie's makeup bag, I can almost remember the powdery scent now. My Mum wouldn't ever have been seen dead leaving the house without mascara, foundation and lipstick and I've followed in her footsteps, I can count on one hand the number of times I've left the house without makeup in the past few years, and I'm pretty sure all of those occasions were due to being too sick to put any on! It's not that I hate my unmadeup (that's a word right?) face, it's fine, I just think I look my best self when I take that extra time to enhance my features with cosmetics.

More than anything, I find makeup truly, truly fun! It's like being able to put a different version of yourself out into the world each day, whether it's a classic feline flick, a heavier smoky eye, a nude blend of shadows with smudgy brown charcoal or rocking a bright lip. I have over the years had the occasional friend ask if it isn't a total pain spending so much time on my makeup each day (maybe twenty minutes!), but I genuinely feel excitement when I sit down and start figuring out what I want to do with my face today.

I've tried starting beauty blogs before and never got anywhere, I think I put too much pressure on myself to write tonnes every time, although I'm noticed from other blogs that lots of girls just post a short punchy article, quick and simple to read, so I'm going to try and not put too much pressure on myself and just make an effort to post.

Anyway, if you've read this, I'd appreciate it SO much if you can leave a comment, to have someone I don't know comment on here would be a pretty huge deal to me! I'm not a pro, I won't be taking fancy photos with a great camera, so bear with me if any pictures I share are iPhone snaps with products sitting on my kitchen table haha!

Lots of love! Charlotte Elise xX

No comments:

Post a Comment